YourSales Recruitment is working with one of our partner brands to bring you this Contracts Manager Role.
Our Client is a privately owned, multi-discipline, award-winning Main Contractor working across the m62 corridor
They offer a full range of professional construction, design and building services. Together the Group offers unrivalled service to the industrial, commercial and retail and food production markets for both new build and refurbishment projects.
Scope and Remit
The CM is responsible for the delivery of multiple projects on time, within the budget and to an exceptional standard.
They will work in close collaboration with the Senior CM and Contracts Director in order to provide a high level of service by ensuring customer satisfaction and to develop further business opportunities through operating in a safe, efficient and
The Contracts Manager will ensure that the pre-development and construction process is managed effectively, efficiently and safely from start to finish.
- Attend scoping/survey meetings;
- Produce tender programmes;
- Produce labour, plant and material forecasts;
- Temporary works requirements;
- Requests for further information schedules (RFI);
- Risk and scope schedules;
- Profit plan review;
- Smart Start and Pre-Start checklists.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental excellence;
- Produce and track construction programmes;
- Produce and submit information required schedules;
- Produce procurement schedules in conjunction with the Commercial Team;
- Supply chain engagement;
- Change Control;
- Cost and value comparison- profit plan review;
- Quality control- zero defects;
- O&M submission;
- Status reporting and KPI using Link;
- Attend Making Good Defects (MGD) meetings;
- Closeout any issues to obtain MGD certificate;
- Ensure company policy and procedures are adhered to as per Contracts Operational Process within company IMS system;
- Undertake additional responsibilities as required by the Business;
- Constructively challenge the status quo and where appropriate seek better alternatives;
- Recognise changes in circumstances promptly and adjust plans and activities accordingly.
- Knowledge, training and experience required
- Experience of contracts/project management/site management. Demonstrable ability to present
- and manage project plans;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the industry;
- Understanding of issues such as building regulations and planning;
- Experience in a customer facing role, with a proven track record of putting the client first.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements.
- Fully computer literate with good knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages.
- Key personal characteristics
- Presents themselves and the business in a professional manner, going above and beyond for the business and customer.
- Establishes respectful working relationships with a wide range of people with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to influence individuals to obtain the best outcome for the business, utilising the best resources available.
- In the management of people and projects demonstrates integrity, fairness and consistency;
- Takes full ownership for making things happen and is commercially aware;
- Shares ‘best practice’ and engages with all Company processes and procedures;
- Ability to work independently, using your own initiative and problem-solving skills, finding practical ways to overcome barriers;
- Organisation, planning and delegation with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Always willing to continuously improve and adapt to changing situations with resilience;
- Recognise conflicts, directing the teams’ energy towards a common goal acknowledging the opinions and feelings of all.
If the above sounds like you then please apply or contact me for more details on Thomas.email@example.com